Saturday, August 7, 2010

This is Gonna Be Tough


Didn't get up for Turbo Kick this morning, guess I needed the sleep. I think I'm starting to get used to exercise, I missed it, that's a change. :) Now if I can just get the 'food thing' under control. I ran a bunch of errands today. When I was done, I was going to stop by McDonald's for a bottle of water and maybe an ice cream cone? I called J to see if wanted anything, and he talked me out of it, told me that ice cream is on the 'naughty' list and goes against my efforts at Shake & Shed. He was right, but I did notice myself getting a little 'tude about it. *sigh*

I left McD's & headed toward the interstate to come home. Just before I get on the on ramp, I remember Dairy Queen up ahead, so I changed lanes and headed straight. I got to the light near DQ and say out loud "What am I doing??", and proceed to do a U-turn and head back to I90, mini-Blizzard-free.

My final errand was to pick up a gas card for a friend, so I went to Kwik Trip, gas station/mini market. I walked around to see what else it was that I wanted to get, I only needed the gas card, by the way...and I find the cheese-filled bread sticks in the warmer. They are super yummy...and I caved and bought them. And ate them on the way to my friend's house. I guess they're better than M&M's, chocolate covered pretzels or peanuts, but I know they're not good either.

I guess I've had such a co-dependant relationship with food for so long, it's gonna take some time...but I need to get serious and kick the food addiction to the curb. It's time to eat to live rather than live to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment