Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Life is Too Precious...

"It's Been 10 Years Since I Hated My Body"

The best 10 years of my life.

Hating your body is a choice.

A decision.

Nobody can make you do it, and yet so many of us choose to hate on ourselves.

We curse our thighs, our stomachs, our wrinkles, our butts.

And all it does is create emotional pain within our bodies.

I remember the day I decided to stop hating my body.

I was the heaviest I had ever been at 70 pounds overweight.

I decided that my life was too precious to spend it hating anything, let alone my only body.

So I taught myself how to love it.

And that felt better.

I had worried that if I loved my body I would not keep it fit,
but I found the opposite was true.

I started moving it more.

Lifting weights.

Walking.

I loved that weight off of me.  Every single pound.

I have loved my body for 10 years.

I choose to love it.

Some days are more difficult than others.

But I make that decision for myself.

Because my life is too precious for hate.

How precious is your life?


 
Borrowed from Brooke Castillo 
via Julsey

No comments:

Post a Comment